Sunday, February 19, 2012

Newlun, Robert, 1924-1994

Birth 1924 March 9, in Fort Collins, Laramie, Colorado
Death 1994 March 27, in Abingdon, Washington, Virginia


"Bob" Newlun and Ray Asher, c. 1944

Bob and Anne Newlun had a large family, two sets of twins. Freddie lived with them when he started school, 3rd grade, in Ft. Collins. Bob was a Marine. He also went to college in New Jersey and got his teaching degree.
[Lindquist, L. & F. July, 2011]

Bob (Robert) had a gas station and his wife was a school teacher.
[Hoeft, C. July, 2011]


Bob Newlun's family

Back row of photo: left to right
Bob, Tom, Dad, Mom, Danny, Kenny (deceased)
Middle row:
Joyce (Bob's wife), Kevin, Dennis (with mustache), John Wayne
Front Row:
Jane, Anne, Patrick

Although my mom was a teacher, she became a Social Worker. She retired from the State of New Jersey. There are no family members living in NJ at this time.

Funny, I just learned from this site that Aunt Lucille and I share a birthday.
[Newlun, J. June, 2012]

Dennis Eugene Newlun.
Dennis had the town pump bar for years, in Fort Collins.
[Hoeft, C. July, 2011]

4 comments:

  1. Robert is my father and Dennis is my brother. Dennis is not a twin. I'm not sure who is posting this but your comments are not factual. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

    Jane Newlun Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Jane!
      Glad to hear from the Jersey Newlun clan. Would love to have any stories about your father and family you care to share. Who is in the family photo? Looks my info is from my mother's cousin Catherine "Kay" from Colorado. She is one of Hazel's daughters. Lucille & Fred were my grandparents. You and I share G-Grandma Bertha.
      -Danny
      siouxsysioux at yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Back row of photo: left to right

    Bob, Tom, Dad, Mom, Danny, Kenny (deceased)

    Middle row:

    Joyce (Bob's wife), Kevin, Dennis, John Wayne

    Front Row:

    Jane, Anne, Patrick

    Although my mom was a teacher, she became a Social Worker. She retired from the State of New Jersey. There are no family members living in NJ at this time.

    Funny, I just learned from this site that Aunt Lucille and I share a birthday. Your G-Grandmother, Bertha, was my Grandmother, making you and I first cousins once removed. Although I met Lucille once, I do not recall meeting her children (my cousins).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the IDs Janey-

    My mother, Janet in San Diego would like to know more about her Uncle Robert. I remember Grandma Lucille mentioning him once or twice when we used to visit CO. Maryalice provided the photo with your father and Ray Asher, with a story about her mother Bes. When is this family photo taken, 1974? You are probably only a few years older than I? Do you have any stories or old photo scans of your Grandma Bertha? I only met her about 3 or 4 times before she passed. Most people say she was pretty quiet.
    Have any info or photos about Perley's parents Casander & Tom? Not sure of their exact dates of death.
    -Danny
    siouxsysioux at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete